So to make your time worth it, I have selected the 5 best smartwatches that you can consider buying for yourself or your parents.
Best Smartwatches For Parents and Seniors
Now, you have to be very picky when you’re buying a new smartwatch for your parents as they don’t particularly need all the fancy features.
You can’t just buy a smartwatch that has the best AMOLED display and if it doesn’t have reliable emergency SOS then it’s not a good use for Parents and Seniors.
So let’s discover the best smartwatches for Parents and Seniors.
I get it, the watch is kind of old but still, it has all the latest features which are worth paying for.
Also, the latest Galaxy Watch 5 has the same features as Galaxy Watch 4. So it makes sense to consider the Galaxy Watch 4 or Watch 5 and save some money.
During sales days, the Galaxy Watch 4 sells below Rs 10000 which is the mouth-watering price for what Samsung is offering.
On top of that, Galaxy Watch 4 runs on WearOS which will let you use all the features from Play Store to Side loading third-party apps.
Overall, if your budget is about Rs 10000 then do consider the Galaxy Watch 4 but if you don’t want to spend that much money then let’s take a look at the budget option.
This is an even better smartwatch for yourself or your parents as it offers solid value.
- Display: 1.20-inches Rounded AMOLED Display
- Sensors: Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Optical Heart Rate Sensor, Electrical Heart Sensor, Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Light Sensor
- Battery: 2 days with Normal Usage
- Chipset and OS: Exynos W920 (5 nm) SoC, Android Wear OS based on One UI Watch
- Ram and Storage: 16GB Storage + 1.5GB RAM
- Other Features: IP67 Water Resistant, Female Cycles Reminder, 90+ Workout mode, Body Composition Analysis, Sleep Monitor, Activity Tracker, GPS, Heart Rate Monitor, SpO2, and Stress
When you go for a budget-centric smartwatch, you will lose out on a few features like Body Composition Analysis, ECG, and Blood Pressure, but other than that, budget watches do provide value for the price they come with.
Yes, to use SOC, you need to connect RealMe Watch 3 Pro with a smartphone otherwise, Bluetooth calling or even SOC won’t work.
In short, your parents need to carry a smartphone wherever they go to use Bluetooth calling and emergency SOC.
It’s a good trade-off if you don’t want to spend more money on smartwatches.
Overall, for the price of Rs 4999, the RealMe Watch 3 Pro is the best smartwatch you can consider buying.
- Display: 1.78-inches AMOLED Display, 500 Nits Brightness
- Weight: 40.7 Grams of Weight
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Heart Rate, SpO2, and Saturation Sensor
- Features: Bluetooth Calling Smartwatch, 110+ Sport Modes, and 150+ watch faces
- Battery Life: 5 Days of Battery Life
- Colors: Black and Grey
Fitbit is now owned by Google, so you will be using lots of WearOS features in this smartwatch whether it’s play store or even Google Maps.
Think of it as the Apple Watch for Android smartphones.
Again, this too has features like emergency SOS which can be very helpful to Seniors.
Overall, if your budget is Rs 25000 and if you’re using an Android smartphone then do consider the Fitbit Sense 2 but if you’re using iPhone then let’s take a look at another smartwatch.
- Display: 1.58-inches sAMOLED display
- OS: Fitbit OS
- Sensors: Accelerometer, ECG, Ambient Light, Compass, Gyroscope, Off-body IR, PPG Heart Rate, Skin temperature sensor, CEDA sensor, EDA scan, ECG app, built-GPS, SpO2 tracking, and altimeter.
- Battery: 6 Days
The cheapest Apple Watch available in the market as of now, it has all the features that you want for your parents. One more thing, you need to have an iPhone to use the Apple Watch SE (2nd Gen), it won’t work with Android or even with Apple iPad.
Also, this too has all the features from emergency SOS to 24/7 heart rate monitoring.
In short, if you’re using an iPhone and if you want the best yet cheapest smartwatch then do consider it.
Do note, the Apple Watch SE (2nd gen) doesn’t work with Android smartphones.
- Display: 1.78-inch Retina LTPO OLED Display
- Other Features: Irregular Heart Rate, Notifications, Heart Rate Monitoring, 50 Meters Water Resistance, Crash Detection, Fall Detection, Emergency SOS, Calling, and Siri Voice Assistant
Apple Watch 8 / Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro
I don’t want to say much about Apple Watch 8 or even Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro.
In short, if money is not the problem and if you’re using an Android smartphone then close your eyes and go with Galaxy Wath 5 Pro but if you’re using iPhone then just go with Apple Watch 8.
By the way, you can also consider the Apple Watch Ultra too, if you can spend up to Rs 90000.
There you have it, these are the 5 best For Parents and Seniors. I have suggested from Rs 5,000 to Rs 1 Lakh, so choose the one which fits well with your budget because added all the smartwatches are good at what they offer.
Still, if you’re confused then say hi on Telegram and we will talk about it also, other members will give you some suggestions too.